The offices of Gildi at Guðrúnartún 1, Reykjavík and Hafnarstræti 9, Ísafjörður are now closed for outside visitors but staff will still carry out their normal functions and services. While this is in effect Gildi encourages fund participants to use electronic communication and obtain information via telephone.
Participants in the fund can obtain information about their pension rights, status of loans and more on the fund’s website where they can also apply for a pension, loans and other services provided by Gildi. Employers can obtain relevant information on their current status on the fund’s website.
In addition, individual departments respond to enquiries via e-mail on the following addresses:
- Pension: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loans: email@example.com
- Private Pension: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contributions to the fund: email@example.com
- Enquiries about other matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Guðrúnartún 1, 108 Reykjavík is a postbox where papers can be dropped off.
Gildi representatives may be reached via telephone at +354 515 4700 from 9.00 to 16.00 Monday to Thursday and from 9.00 to 15.00 on Fridays.
Withdrawal of private pension savings
The Alþingi has agreed to temporarily allow the withdrawal of private pension savings as one of the measures to be adopted due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The arrangements are as follows:
- The maximum withdrawal for an individual is ISK 12 million.
- The maximum payment per month is ISK 800,000.
- Income tax is collected from payments withdrawn from personal pension savings plans.
- The authorisation is effective from 1 April to 1 January 2021.
- Withdrawals from specified personal savings are not allowed
Please note that Fund members can obtain information on their credit in the Fund’s private pension division on the Fund member website. You can apply for the withdrawal of private pension savings in the following manner:
- Electronic application for the withdrawal of private pension savings (requires electronic ID).
- PDF application (sent signed to the e-mail address email@example.com).
Information on loans
As has been revealed, Gildi will provide assistance to those who have borrowed from the Fund and foresee difficulties in paying instalments on time due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This means that the Fund will provide room for flexibility to the extent permitted by laws and regulations.
Now you can apply for deferment of payment in the following manner:
- Electronic application (requires electronic ID). Select loan and “Application for deferment of payment”.
- PDF application (complete and send to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that the following cost may be added to the payment deferral application.
- Document preparation fee ISK 3,000
- Statement of liens ISK 1,200
- Registration fee ISK 2,500
- Sending cost to Íslandsbanki ISK 950
Please note the fund members who request to make payments on their loans are encouraged to do so as the payments will only be deferred and not cancelled. During the payment deferral, interest will be added to the principal which means that the instalments will increase when the deferral of payments period ends.
Contact the Gildi Loan Department for further information. The e-mail address is email@example.com.
Fund members are requested to be patient and accept that the processing of cases by the Fund’s Loan Department takes more time than usual due to the considerable workload. This is particularly true of applications for refinancing as the employees of the Loan Department must prioritise applications for payment deferral and loan processing for the purchase of real property.